RS-232 digital relay I/O module
Model 232DRIO provides a low-cost, easy-to-use solution for RS-232 serial
port to discrete relay output applications. This general purpose control module
can be used to sense external On/Off conditions and to control a variety of
external devices. The PC interface connection is made through a standard
DB9 female connector.
The 232DRIO houses two SPDT relays and one wide voltage range, optically
isolated input. For maximum flexibility, these are brought out to screw-type
terminal blocks for easy field wiring. Input power can be connected through
screw-type terminal blocks or wired through pin 9 (power pin) of the DB9F.
Individual LED’s on the front panel monitor the input and two relay lines.
Demonstration programs and source codes are included illustrating some
simple operations of the 232DRIO.
- AC/DC Input: 5-30 V@1-30 mA
- Relay Output: SPDT 24 VDC/115 VAC@10 A max
- Communications: RS-232, 9600 bps with 8,N,1
- DC Input Power: 9-16 VDC@100 mA
- Operating Temp: 32 to 158°F (0 to 70°C)
- Dimensions: 4.6 x 2.4 x 1.3 in (11.7 x 6.2 x 3.3 cm)