Cutler-Hammer WMS supplementary protectors are used to provide
overcurrent protection where branch circuit protection is installed upstream
in the power circuits. With Cutler-Hammer thermal magnetic technology, these
are ideal protection against short circuit and overload conditions. Since the
WMS series is dual rated for AC and DC supplies, it can be installed in most
applications including replacement for fuses.
Choose from a complete product line of supplementary protectors. 1, 2, and 3
pole configurations are available from 2 A to 60 A utilizing B and D type trip
curves. B curve trips operate at 3 to 5 times the rated current and are typically
used with PLC’s, industrial computers, communication equipment and other
low inrush type loads. D curve trips operate at 10 to 20 times the rated current
for higher inrush current devices such as motors and transformers.
Shunt trips modules are offered for remotely triggering the device. Auxiliary
contact module allows a contact for remote monitoring the protector. Lastly,
lockout attachment and product labels round out the complete product line.
Features, benefits and functions
- Current limiting design provides fast short circuit interruption that reduces
the let-through energy which can damage the circuit.
- Thermal magnetic overcurrent protection: Two levels, categorized by B and
D curves in direct relation to continuous rating of device
- B Curve — 3 to 5 X rated current — Suited for applications where maximum
protection is required for control circuits from low level short circuit faults
that could damage the wiring.
- D Curve — 10 to 20 X rated current — Provides a magnetic range to allow
for higher inrush levels during startup that are usually seen with motors,
transformers and other high inductive systems
- Color coded status indicator window — red = ON, or green = OFF
- IP20 finger protection
- Cable direct into terminal utilizing ring tung connector
- 35 mm DIN rail mountable, utilizing “extra strength” spring clip
Standards and Certifications
- UL recognised under UL 1077
- CSA 22.2
- IEC 898
- IEC 60947-2