Wireless modems, WIreless Adapters, Industrial Wireless Solutions,
Accessories and Technical Data
In some commercial and industrial data communications applications
hardwiring devices together is just not practical. Long distances,
inaccessibility and frequent re-location of devices are a
few such applications. In cases like these the simplicity,
functionality and reliability of B&B Electronics’
wireless products shine through. Whether you need to communicate
a few meters or a few miles, convert from any of several serial
standards to 802.11, Proprietary RF or Bluetooth, or set up
a wireless network, we have the solutions. We have the accessories
too, and all the technical support you will need to get your
application up and running.
Wireless Quick Facts
The IEEE 802.11b standard sets out the specifications for
a high-speed, wireless, local area network that incorporates
the TCP/IP protocol stack and interfaces with Ethernet LANs.
802.11b typically uses access points to facilitate communications
between multiple clients on wireless and connected wired networks.
Radio modems provide effective solutions for short and medium-range
wireless point-to-point, point to multi-point and repeater
communications. Radio modems incorporate features such as
‘sleep and sniff’ modes, menu and AT command interfaces
and CRC error checking.
Tech Tip: Replace the cable between a computer
and a field device with two RS-232/422/485 to Bluetooth adapters.
You can configure the link for 300 bps to 920 kbps wireless
communication using a PC Configuration Wizard or AT commands
from the connected device.
|| 802.11b – 2.4 Ghz
Wireless Modems – 900 Mhz and 2.4 Ghz
|Typical Data Rates:
|| 802.11b – up to 11 Mbps
802.11g - up to 54 Mbps
Wireless Modems – 115.2 kbps
|| 802.11b – up to several hundred meters
Wireless Modems – up to 20 miles
B&B Electronics Wireless Products
- GHOSTBRIDGE Wireless Ethernet Bridge - No configuration necessary! Simply plug in, aim until the LED's show the best signal strength and you're done.
- Zlinx Wireless Remote I/O Modular - Modular Wireless Modbus modules are flexible enough to fit your application.
- Zlinx™ Xtreme Wireless Analog & Digital I/Os - The Zlinx Xtreme I/O modules are ideal for outdoor applications that require monitoring and control of remote analog and digital devices. Peer-to-Peer and modbus I/O modes are possible.
- Zlinx Wireless Modems - Industrial grade, radio, wireless modems transmit serial data up to 40 MILES without costly cabling
- .Zlinx™ Xtreme Serial Modems - The Zlinx Xtreme radio modems are ideal for outdoor applications requiring serial-to-serial connectivity or to connect Zlinx Xtreme Wireless I/Os to a Modbus RTU Master over a wireless network. Point-to-MultiPoint configurations are possible.
- Digi Wireless Modems
- Digi 9XTend - Long range, high bandwidth, and secure wireless modem communications
- Digi 9XTream - Long range, low bandwidth wireless modem communications
- Digi 9XCite -
Short range, low bandwidth wireless modem communications
- Digi 24XTream - Long range, low bandwidth wireless modem communications for worldwide use
- Industrial Wireless Ethernet Radios - N-TRON’s 702-W and 702M12-W Industrial Wireless Ethernet Radios offer the highest throughput of any industrial wireless device currently available.
- Industrial Ethernet to 802.11g Wireless Access Point - Wirelessly enable your serial devices using 802.11b-to-serial technology. In hard-to-wire situations, these wireless devices are a great solution to reduce the number of connection cables. Ideal for industrial, building and factory automation, point of sale and kiosk.
- Cellular Routers and Modems - Transmit Ethernet and serial data via cellular technology.
- 802.11 to RS-232, RS-422, RS-485 (Wireless to Serial) Converters - Wirelessly connect your legacy serial devices with 802.11 to your LAN, eliminating cable installation cost.
- Buffered RF Modem Interface - Provides serial handshake control for RF Modems.
- Antennas and Accessories